- Make batter and leave to stand.
- Wrap each sausage in a bacon
rasher and spread with a little mustard.
- Heat the oil in a roasting pan,
add the sausages and cook in a hot oven for 7 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place
sausages in individual dishes. Pour in the batter, return to a very hot
oven for 30 minutes.
- Once they have risen, remove from
the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from their dish.
- Serve with gravy and greens.
- Sift flour and salt together in a
bowl, add egg, beat mixture well.
- Gradually beat in milk to make a
stiff, smooth batter with no lumps. Allow to sit for a few minutes then
gradually whisk in the remaining milk.
Stand in a cool place
until ready to use, give a final whisk before use.